GHA Autism Supports provides an array of residential and vocational services and supports for individuals from early childhood through their lifespan. Our commitment is to work collaboratively with individuals, families and stakeholders to support people in achieving their life goals and aspirations.
We are committed to:
- Valuing the uniqueness of all individuals we support and striving to incorporate their strengths, abilities, interests, and choices throughout their daily lives
- Ensuring that those who receive supports are involved in decision making, directing and planning that affects their lives
- Nurturing personal growth and dignity
- Ensuring the health and safety of every individual
- Focusing on the awareness of and respect for the diversity of persons supported, families, guardians and interested stakeholders
- Fostering relationships with local communities that help individuals build social capital
- Helping individuals achieve measureable real-life outcomes
- Ensuring that all relationships are based on active listening, mutual respect and honesty
It is our pledge to support people in developing an evolving blueprint for their lives, and we do that not by asking them to conform to our service array, but by creating and tailoring services to meet their expressed needs. With this process, we help to make a difference one person at a time.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
GHA Autism Supports continues to keep the health and safety of all individuals supported and employees at the core of all decision making. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- All group meetings have transitioned to utilizing conferencing systems.
- Strict visitation guidelines are in effect at all programs.
- We encourage temporarily replacing in-person visitation with telephonic communication to limit exposure at all sites.
- Second Street Sundries is currently offering curbside pick-up and ordering through the online system.
- We will continue to monitor all updates, and update this information accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
UNC COVID-19 Toolkit – Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times >
213 N. Second Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
PO Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002
PO Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406
Phone: (704) 982-9600
Fax: (704) 982-8155
Phone: (910) 769-1046
Fax: (910) 399-1780
GHA Autism Supports is licensed by the Division of Health Service Regulation of the North Carolina Department of Human Resources. In addition, GHA Autism Supports is nationally accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). ICF/IID homes are certified by the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. GHA Autism Supports is a member of the North Carolina Association of Community-Based ICF/IID and CAP providers and the North Carolina Providers Council.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).